Sunday, March 23, 2008

Brother's Birthday


Well today I get to see my little brother, 27 years old, for the first time since Christmas.....For some people that may not seem like very long, but for us it is....We grew up everyday together and were best friends. Then when we hit 18 we took different paths....and hardly get to talk or see each other....I am a year older than him, and I was the one that left home on bad terms....but anyways things have turned around....I left and started my family and he left and went to school.....Now he is managing a bunch of workout gyms in Missouri and is a professional body builder....he gets to travel the country and isn't always home for family events.....He was just out in California meeting with Arnold Schwartzanegger (?)....someone he always looked up to.....So anyways back to the card:

I always find it hard to make a masculine card....so I went with Wild Wasabi, River Rock and Chocolate Chip....I stamped the main cardstock with the Print Pattern BG stamp, but I did it sideways....Then for the main white section I used wasabi and river rick to stamp the "Cheers To You" all over it...then with Chocolate Chip I stamped "Brother" all over....next I layered that with a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock and fauxed sticthed the edges....next I did the birthday cake in Wild Wasabi and cut it out....I have yet to purchase the scallop punch....I layered it on River Rock and Wasabu card stock...I fauxed stitched the corners of River Rock and the whole part of the Wasabi....Next I took wide gross grain ribbon in brown and then wasabi and river rock double stitched gross grain ribbon and tied around the main image....adhered the main image to the card and then with pop up glue dots, adhered the birthday cake piece....then with brown cardstock used the photo corner punch and fauxed stitched those...next with a pewter word frame stamped "Wish Big" and attached that to the card......next attached brads to the other corners of the card.

I really like the way this one turned out...I know he will too!

No comments: