Sunday, March 16, 2008

Chalkboard Technique


This is my first attempt at the Chalkboard technique....this is a really quick and easy way to give your card a different effect....simply stamp a solid image in white craft ink, then while still wet brush with Stampin pastel chalks...let dry. There is no need to seal the image since the craft ink grabs the chalks well. You do have to use a dark colored cardstock though.

Then I layered with Wild Wasabi cardstock and faux stitched the edges. Then on the white cardstock, I used the Happy Birthday phrase from Bitty Birthday in Wild Wasabi ink...I used sticky strip to place the two pieces of double stitched gross grain ribbon to it...Then I made a tie with the ribbon and glued it to the bottom piece of ribbon. Then, used a photo corner punch and faux sticthed those and the corners of the card......I really like the final product.

No comments: