Thursday, March 13, 2008

Color Combo Challenge


This weeks color combo challenge was to use Purely Pomegrante with Basick Black and Gray....as always you can use whisper white too.....I had to throw in the Always Artichoke as the stems, I tried stamping them the first time in gray, but I didn't like it......


Using the Blossoms Abound stamp set, which is two step stamping.....first I inked the background blossoms in Pomegrante, then stamped on scratch paper, then on my card piece, this gives it a lighter two-dimensional look. Then stamped the next blossom on top of it, fully inked.

Did the Stems in Always Artichoke, fully inked and stamped off the leaves in Always Artichoke. Next I used a spone dauber to blot black around the edge of the paper piece. I then layered it and did the faux stitching with a white gel pen.


I was wishing that the UPS man had come yesterday so that I could have my lacey ribbon for this card, but no luck....it would have looked so much more elegant.


These challenges really get you thinking outside the box.

No comments: