Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Thank You Card


For this card I stamped the large bloom from the Friendship Blooms stamp set onto several pieces of designer paper and a solid piece of Groovy Gauva. Then I cut each flower out and glued to a small strip of Groovy Gauva. Then placed that onto a piece of striped designer paper and then layered onto a solid piece of Wild Wasabi. I layered that onto Groovy Gauva and the card itself is Chocolate Chip. I wrapped it with double stitched gross grain ribbon in gauva and wasabi. Then with sticky strip I placed a small piece of the gauva ribbon on an angle at the top of the card. On top of that I punched out a piece of chocolate chip with the Designer Label punch and then in Groovy Gauva I punched a small oval and stamped with "Thank You" in chocolate chip. With a white gel pen, I added all of the faux stitching, I love the effect this gives the card.
You can't see in my scan, but the petals on all of the flowers are sticking up off of the card.
I am very pleased with the way this card turned out. I think I am going to give to a friend at work who has really been helping me out lately.

No comments: