Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our Creative Corner Weekend Challenge


This weekend's challenge on OCC was to do a Christmas in July card. Well I couldn't bring myself to get out the red and green together, so I went somewhere I have always claimed never to go - BLUE for Christmas. In all the years I have hated seeing blue used as a Christmas color, why I don't know but it has always bugged me. But I have to say that I love how this turned out.

I used Soft Sky, Whisper White and Chocolate Chip cardstock and inks. One small piece of vellum, 2 pewter brads, soft sky double stitched gross grain ribbon, white gel pen and the scallop punch and small oval punch. I think this would have come out a lot better with out the added flowers, but I was on a roll and couldn't stop myself - sometimes more is too much!

3 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Love blue for Christmas...thanks for playing along!

Bev said...

Gorgeous card - the colours are beautiful

Debbie said...

Great Christmas card Angie. I love the frosty colours.