Sunday, July 27, 2008

So Many Scallops


Okay, so I got my new scallop punch earlier this week and have found it tobe my new best friend...do you ever find that you do something different on one card and like it so much that you start to use it on every card you make? I think that might be called "Card Rutt" or maybe "Layout Rutt"

Anyways, I loved it on this card when I folded the brown scallop over the edge that I made the orange one on it. So then I did it again on the next card and the next card. So I have taken a break from card making for awhile. For this one I used Pumpkin Pie, Apricot Appeal and Chocolate Chip...may I say this is an awesome color combo!!! I also used the wide brown gross grain ribbon, white gel pen and small oval punch. for the Thank You sentiment I used the word window punch. Sponge Daubers for the filler on the white.

Now to the second card....Soft Sky, Groovy Gauva and Chocolate Chip...I love the way this card turned out and can't wait for someone's birthday to come along.....

Not sure where all of this stamp time came from, but I was able to spend a tone of time yesterday and today by myself stamping....a few vistors stopped by once in awhile to say hi and make sure I hadn't left them, but no one chose to stick around....I think I have to give all my thanks to the recent purchase of the Nintendo Wii.....We finally gave in and bought one and the kdis play really well together on it....Sofia loves to stand and watch, thats unusual isn't it??

Okay I can smell that the oven is ready for the roast....so have a great Sunday afternoon.

1 comment:

Desire Fourie said...

Thanks for the comment on 'Doing Life'. I would like to get my hands on that new scalloped punch of yours ... just to give you some withdrawal symptoms while I have a ball with it. I don't think you can ever use that scalloped punch too much. Love your cards. Warm regards from sunny South Africa.